Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
- Abdominolipoplasty: a system of classification and treatment for combined abdominoplasty and suction-assisted lipectomy.Aesthetic Plast Surg. 1991; 15: 111-121
- Abdominolipoplasty.Clin Plast Surg. 1989; 16 (Philadelphia: WB Saunders and Company; (cited in Selected Readings in Plastic Surgery, 1992)): 2
- Abdominplasty.in: Plastic surgery. Indications, operations and outcomes. Aesthetic surgery. vol. 5. Mosby, St Louis (MO)2000: 2783-2821
- Short scar abdominoplasty update.Clin Plast Surg. 2010; 37: 505-513
- Traditional abdominoplasty.Clin Plast Surg. 2010; 37: 415-437
- Abdominoplasty assessed by survey, with emphasis on complications.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1977; 59: 513-517
- Our experience with combined procedures in aesthetic plastic surgery.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1983; 71: 64-65
- Abdominoplasty and abdominolipoplasty.in: Mastery in plastic surgery. vol. 3. Little Brown & Company, Boston1994: 1385
- Abdominoplasty–the waistline stitch and other refinements.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1978; 61: 180-183
- Liposuction as an adjunct to a full abdominoplasty.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1995; 95: 829-836
Matarasso A, Abramson D, Ninestein R. Umbilical hernia repair in conjunction with abdominoplasty using the ventralex hernia patch. Plast Reconstr Surg.
Matarasso A, Smith DM. Combined breast surgery and abdominoplasty: strategies for success. Plast Reconstr Surg, in press.
Matarasso A (1993) Abdominoplasty: Evaluation and techniques in abdominal contour surgery. In: Newman MH (ed) Plastic Surgery Education Foundation Instructional course. Vol 6. Mosby, Chicago, IL. P 1–17.
- Abdominal contour surgery: treating all aesthetic units, including the mons pubis.Aesthet Surg J. 2001; 21: 111-119
- Lipoabdominoplasty: the Saldanha technique.Clin Plast Surg. 2010; 37: 469-481
- Abdominoplasty combined with suction lipoplasty. A study of complications, revisions, and risk factors in 487 cases.Ann Plast Surg. 1990; 25: 333-343
Matarasso A, Smith D. (Invited Article). Strategies for aesthetic reshaping of the post-partum patient. Plast Reconstr Surg.
- Abdominoplasty combined with other major surgical procedures: safe or sorry?.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1989; 83: 997-1004
- Is it safe to combine abdominoplasty with elective breast surgery? A review of 151 consecutive cases.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2006; 118 ([discussion: 213–4]): 207-212
- A national survey of complications associated with suction lipectomy: a comparative study.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1989; 84: 628-631
- Does concomitant breast surgery add morbidity to abdominoplasty?.Aesthet Surg J. 2007; 27: 612-615
- Abdominoplasty combined with additional surgery: a safety issue.Aesthet Surg J. 2006; 26: 413-416
- SAFE circumferential liposuction with abdominoplasty.Clin Plast Surg. 2010; 37: 485-501
- Anatomic considerations in abdominoplasty.Clin Plast Surg. 2010; 37: 407-414
- Do waistline and umbilical position really change after abdominoplasty?.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2010; 125: 27e-28e
- Combination procedures: balancing risk and reward.Aesthet Surg J. 2006; 26: 443
- “Extreme” cosmetic surgery: a retrospective study of morbidity in patients undergoing combined procedures.Aesthet Surg J. 2004; 24: 314-318
- Safe and consistent outcomes of successfully combining breast surgery and abdominplasty: an update.Aesthet Surg J. 2009; 29: 129-134
- Abdominoplasty as a combined procedure: added benefit or double trouble?.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1986; 78: 383
- Analysis of 60 cases of simultaneous mammoplasty and abdominoplasty.Aesthetic Plast Surg. 1990; 14: 35-41
- Incorporating barbed sutures in abdominoplasty.Aesthet Surg J. 2013; 33: 76s-81s
- Concepts on correction of the musculoaponeurotic layer in abdominoplasty.Clin Plast Surg. 2010; 37: 527-538
- Awareness and avoidance of abdominoplasty complications.Aesthet Surg J. 1997; 17: 256-261
- Surgical correction of the “small” postpartum ptotic breast.Aesthet Surg J. 2004; 24: 199-205
- Mortality in outpatient surgery.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2008; 122: 245-250
- An evidence-based approach to abdominoplsty.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2010; 126: 2189-2195
Matarasso A, Levine SM. (Invited MOC Article). Liposuction; evidence based leading edge MOC. Plast Reconstr Surg 132(6):1697–705.
- Thromboembolic risk assessment and the efficacy of enoxaparin prophylaxis in excisional body contouring surgery.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2008; 122: 269-279
- Effective risk stratification of surgical and nonsurgical patients for venous thromboembolic disease.Semin Hematol. 2001; 38: 12-19
- Prevention of venous thromboembolism in the plastic surgery patient.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2004; 114: 43e-51e
- Prevention of venous thromboembolism the Seventh ACCP Conference on Antithrombotic and Thrombolytic Therapy.Chest. 2004; 126: 338S-400S
- Deep venous thrombosis prophylaxis practice and treatment strategies among plastic surgeons: survey results.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2007; 119: 157-174
- Pulmonary embolism after combined abdominoplasty and flank liposuction: a correlation with the amount of fat removed.Ann Plast Surg. 2008; 60: 604-608
- Evidence-based practices for thromboembolism prevention: summary of the ASPS venous thromboembolism task force report.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2012; 130: 168e-175e
- Venous thromboembolism in plastic surgery patients: survey results of plastic surgeons.Aesthet Surg J. 2006; 26: 522-529
- Complications associated with prolonged operation and anesthesia.Clin Anesth. 1972; 9: 1-7
- Length of operation and morbidity: is there a relationship?.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1982; 69: 1017-1021
- Increased operative time is associated with higher complication rates in plastic surgery patients.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2013; 132: 103
- Complications in surgery: root cause analysis and preventive measures.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2012; 129: 1421
- Patient safety in plastic surgery.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2012; 130: 470e-478e
- Procedural risk for venous thromboembolism in abdominal contouring surgery: a systematic review of the literature.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2010; 125: 356-362
- Venous thromboembolism prophylaxis.Institute for Clinical Systems Improvement (ICSI), Bloomington (MN)2012
- Continuing medical education article-patient safety: the need for venous thromboembolism (VTE) prophylaxis in plastic surgery.Aesthet Surg J. 2006; 26: 157-175
- Abdominoplasty with progressive tension closure using a barbed suture technique.Aesthet Surg J. 2009; 29: 221-225
- Seroma: how to avoid it and how to treat it.Aesthet Surg J. 1998; 18: 439-441
- Suction drains, quilting sutures, and fibrin sealant in the prevention of seroma formation in abdominoplasty: which is the best strategy?.Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2012; 36: 370-373
- Risk of seroma with simultaneous liposuction and abdominoplasty and the role of progressive tension sutures.Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2008; 32: 93-99
- Does quilting suture prevent seroma in abdominoplasty?.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2007; 119: 1060-1064
- Fibrin glue as a substitute for quilting suture in abdominoplasty.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2012; 129: 212e-213e
- Progressive tension sutures: a technique to reduce local complications in abdominoplasty.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2000; 105: 2583-2586
- Seroma in lipoabdominoplasty and abdominoplasty: a comparative study using ultrasound - a note about statistics.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2011; 128: 600-601
- Comparison of seroma formation following abdominoplasty with or without liposuction.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2011; 127: 417-422
- No-drain abdominoplasty with progressive tension sutures.Clin Plast Surg. 2010; 37: 515-524
- The incidence and management of secondary abdominoplasty and secondary abdominal contour surgery.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2014; 133: 40-50
Matarasso A. Constantine F. Pain management for plastic surgery. Plast Reconstr Surg. (In press).
Core GB, Grotting JC. Reoperative surgery of the abdominal wall. Reoperative Aesthetic & Reconstructive Plastic Surgery. Grotting JC, editor. Second Edition. Quality Medical Publishing, St. Louis, Missouri, 2007 (44):1741–823, Vol II.
- Secondary abdominal contour surgery: a review of early and late reoperative surgery.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2005; 115: 627-632
Disclosures: The authors have nothing to disclose.