To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinics in Plastic Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Choosing mastectomy vs. Lumpectomy-With-Radiation: experiences of breast cancer Survivors.Cureus. 2021; 13e18433https://doi.org/10.7759/cureus.18433
- Post-mastectomy sensory recovery and restoration.Gland Surg. 2021; 10: 494-497https://doi.org/10.21037/gs.2020.03.22
- The sensational transverse rectus abdominis Musculocutaneous (TRAM) flap: return of sensibility after TRAM breast reconstruction.Ann Plast Surg. 1992; 28: 210-217
- Trends and characteristics of neurotization during breast reconstruction: perioperative outcomes using the American College of surgeons national Surgical quality improvement Program (ACS-NSQIP).J Plast Surg Hand Surg. 2021; : 1-7https://doi.org/10.1080/2000656X.2021.1973484
- Somatosensory testing and Rehabilitation.Institute for Peripheral Nerve Surgery, 2000
- Breast anatomy, Embryology, and Congenital Defects. Review of Plastic surgery.Elsevier, 2016: 73-77
- Nerve supply of the breast with special reference to the nipple and areola: Sir Astley Cooper Revisited.Clin Anat. 1997; 10: 283-288
- A cadaveric Anatomical and histological study of recipient intercostal nerve Selection for sensory reinnervation in autologous breast reconstruction.J Reconstr Microsurg. 2021; 37: 136-142https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0040-1715878
- Determining the precise anatomic location of the sensory nerves to the abdominal wall: Optimizing autologous innervation of abdominally based free flaps.J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2021; 74: 641-643https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bjps.2020.11.019
- Sensory change of the reconstructed breast envelope after skin-sparing mastectomy.Eur J Surg Oncol. 2016; 42: 973-979https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejso.2016.03.018
- Sensory nerve repair in perforator flaps for autologous breast reconstruction: sensational or senseless?.Br J Plast Surg. 1999; 52: 37-44
- Management of nerve gaps: autografts, allografts, nerve transfers, and end-to-side neurorrhaphy.Exp Neurol. 2010; 223: 77-85https://doi.org/10.1016/j.expneurol.2009.03.031
- Peripheral nerve repair throughout the body with processed nerve allografts: results from a large multicenter study.Microsurgery. 2020; 40: 527-537https://doi.org/10.1002/micr.30574
- The role of neurotization in autologous breast reconstruction: can reconstruction restore breast sensation?.J Surg Oncol. 2021; 123: 1215-1231https://doi.org/10.1002/jso.26422
- Breast reinnervation: DIEP neurotization using the third anterior intercostal nerve. Plast Reconstr Surg Glob open.. 2013; 1: e72https://doi.org/10.1097/GOX.0000000000000008
- Sensibility following innervated free TRAM flap for breast reconstruction.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2006; 117 (discussion 2128-30): 2119-2127https://doi.org/10.1097/01.prs.0000218268.59024.cc
- Breast sensation after breast reconstruction: a systematic review.J Reconstr Microsurg. 2010; 26: 303-310https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0030-1249313
- Sifting through the evidence: a comprehensive review and analysis of neurotization in breast reconstruction.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2018; 141: 550-565https://doi.org/10.1097/PRS.0000000000004108
- Anatomic targets for breast reconstruction neurotization: Past results and future Possibilities.Ann Plast Surg. 2019; 82: 207-212https://doi.org/10.1097/SAP.0000000000001733
- Neurotization does not Prolong operative time in free flap breast reconstruction.Aesthet Plast Surg. 2022; https://doi.org/10.1007/s00266-022-02833-7
- Nerve coaptation improves the sensory recovery of the breast in DIEP flap breast reconstruction.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2021; 148: 273-284https://doi.org/10.1097/PRS.0000000000008160
- Pilot study of breast sensation after breast reconstruction: evaluating the effects of radiation therapy and perforator flap neurotization on sensory recovery.Microsurgery. 2013; 33: 421-431https://doi.org/10.1002/micr.22124
- Flap neurotization in breast reconstruction with nerve allografts: 1-year clinical outcomes.Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open. 2021; 9e3328https://doi.org/10.1097/GOX.0000000000003328
- Neurotization of the nipple-areola complex during implant-based reconstruction: Evaluation of early sensation recovery.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2020; 146: 250-254https://doi.org/10.1097/PRS.0000000000006976
- Sensibility following innervated free TRAM flap for breast reconstruction: Part II. Innervation improves patient-rated quality of life.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2009; 124: 1419-1425https://doi.org/10.1097/PRS.0b013e3181b98963
- Long-term sensibility following Nonautologous, immediate breast reconstruction.Breast J. 2007; 13: 346-351
- Breast sensibility after mastectomy and implant-based breast reconstruction.Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2019; 175: 369-378https://doi.org/10.1007/s10549-019-05137-8
- Nerve preservation and allografting for sensory innervation following immediate implant breast reconstruction.Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open. 2019; 7e2332https://doi.org/10.1097/GOX.0000000000002332
- Immediate targeted nipple-areolar complex re-innervation: Improving outcomes in immediate autologous breast reconstruction.J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2021; 74: 1503-1507https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bjps.2020.11.021
- A Novel method for neurotization of deep inferior epigastric perforator and superficial inferior epigastric artery flaps.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2009; 123: 29e-30ehttps://doi.org/10.1097/PRS.0b013e318194d257
Published online: January 25, 2023
Disclosure statement: The authors do not have any financial disclosures to report.
© 2022 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.